The International Workshop “Migration, integration and co-development in Europe” was held on 8-10 May 2015 in Caltanissetta, Italy. The event has been organized by PRISM – Promozione Internazionale Sicila-Mondo, involving about 50 experts, educators and social workers in the field of migrations from Italy, Cyprus, Belgium, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Lithuania, Latvia, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria.
The International Workshop has been organized in the frame of the project “Migration, integration and co-development in Europe”, funded with support of Europe for Citizens programme of the European Union. The project aims to offer a platform for intercultural dialogue between civil society organizations and citizens from different EU countries and living communities to express their views about EU policies related to migration and asylum.
More broadly, the international workshop focused on the following themes:
– The European scenario on migration and asylum
– Forum space: scenarios and experiences in each participating country
– The European policies on Migration and Asylum (the European directives, the Treaty of Lisbon, the Dublin
Regulation, the EASO “European Asylum Support Office” and The “CEAS- Common European Asylum System).
– AMIF – Asylum Migration Integration Fund 2014/2020
– Vulnerable groups: victims of violence and torture, other targeted groups
– Practices and experiences on the field: the role of intercultural mediation by “Migranti solidali”, social innovation for integration and new opportunities by “Caritas Agrigento & Fondazione Mondoaltro”, the protection of foreign minors unaccompanied by I Girasoli onlus.
– Co-development workshops: new perspectives on shared policies
Take a look at our gallery of images from the international workshop: