Role: Project Manager
Place of work: Italy, Palermo
Duration: 01/01/2016 – 30/06/2016
Based in Palermo, the project manager will play a key role in the coordination of PRISM activities, leading the search for new funding sources, submitting project proposals, coordinating EU projects and networking at local, national, EU and international level.
“PRISM – Promozione Internazionale Sicilia-Mondo” acts as a qualified development agent, able to intercept and to thrive in the area, the development policies promoted by transnational bodies, in particular by the European Commission. PRISM encourages both public and private partnerships in transnational cooperation opportunities, providing a laboratory where individuals with related interests can converge, exchange ideas and collaborate to develop projects that promote the economic, social and cultural development of the territory.
Tasks and responsibilities:
– Management and implementation of EU projects coordinated by PRISM (management, team leadership, monitoring and reporting) under the ERASMUS+ and other EU programmes, in cooperation with key stakeholders and project partners.
– Preparation and submission of project proposals in the frame of EU, international and national programmes.
– Attending international meetings, seminars, training courses and events in the frame of EU projects and initiatives.
– Finding new initiatives and opportunities for development of the organization in cooperation with the coordination unit.
– Coordinating and supervising volunteers and interns.
– Education: Relevant degree.
– Experience: Working experience of at least 3 years in the frame of EU programmes and projects.
– Knowledge and understanding of the EU regulatory framework and new EU programmes 2014-2020.
– Languages: fluent written and spoken English.
– Knowledge: ITC literacy compulsory.
– Competences: ability to work independently, strategic vision, leadership, people management, teamwork and flexibility.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by email, to:
Deadline for applications: As soon as possible
Only selected applicants will be contacted. Short-listed candidates will be required to attend a formal interview.