Start Date: 02/03/2016
End Date: 01/03/2018
Countries involved: Italy, Greece, Spain, Senegal, Kenya, India, Peru.
The project put in synergy different youth work experiences & community approaches related child protection & development from different organizations in India, Kenya, Senegal, Italy, Spain, Greece & Peru. The project promotes a transnational capacity building programme engaging youth workers & young leaders working for & with vulnerable children & young people. By creating a consortium of complementary experiences, the project encouraged mutual learning, exchange of good practices & cooperation between different organizations & youth workers in the area of child protection & development, with a view to improving participants’ level of competences & fostering their active participation in their global & local societies.
– Youth workers & young leaders who work with vulnerable young people & children in community-based activities.
– A wider audience of youth workers and young people that will be reached through the open learning platform.
To promote the role of young people as community ambassadors able to communicate with their peers & increase their leadership & active participation in the sustainable development of their local communities.
To engage youth workers to protect & support the well-being of children & young people, with a view to make sure that children’s rights are respected, protected & fulfilled.
– Launched, tested & developed a capacity building program on “child protection & development”, targeting youth workers & young leaders from EU, African, Asian & South American countries.
– Increased socio-professional development of youth workers & young leaders that are equipped with knowledge, key competences & employable tools related to “child protection & development” through different cultural perspectives, educational approaches & community experiences from different regions of the World.
– Increased transnational cooperation, exchange of good practices & capacity building between youth workers, organizations & NGOs active in the youth field at international level.
The training course in Italy: A Child Rights based approach for Community Development
Venue: Caltanissetta, Italy
Dates: 20-28 October 2016
Leaflet: Link al pdf 1_TC in Italy
The training course in Senegal: A Child Rights based Approach: Turning Principles into Practice
Venue: Ziguinchor, Senegal
Dates: 20-28 December 2016
Leaflet: Link al pdf 2_TC in Senegal
The training course in India: Child Poverty & Vulnerability
Venue: Vijayawada, India
Dates: 20-28 March 2017.
Leaflet: Link al pdf 3_TC in India
The training course in Kenya: The Role of Education in Child Protection and Development
Venue: Kisumu, Kenya
Dates: 20-28 June 2017
Leaflet: Link al pdf 4_TC in Kenya
The job shadowing activities in all participating countries
Job shadowing activities are implemented in Italy (Caltanissetta), Kenya (Kisumu), Peru (Lima), India (Vijayawada), Greece (Athens) and Spain (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria), engaging youth workers and young leaders from all participating countries in local community projects targeting vulnerable children and young people
The final seminar in Greece
Venue: Athens, Greece
Dates: 20-24 January 2018
The e-learning platform on “Child protection & development”
It aims to support the professional development of youth workers in the field of child protection & development through non-formal education & a child rights-based approach.
The e-learning course
The platform is complemented by an e-learning course that covers a range of non-formal learning modules related to child protection & development.
To register & log in to the e-learning course:
The e-learning booklet
To download the e-learning booklet:
– Prism – Promozione Internazionale Sicilia-Mondo, Italy (Caltanissetta)
– Resource Hub For Development – RHD, Kenya (Kisumu)
– New Beginnings Charitable Trust, India (Vijayawada)
– Inter Alia, Greece (Athens)
– Federation Dimbaya Kagnalen, Senegal (Ziguinchor)
– Consulta Europa Projects and Innovation sl, Spain (Las Palmas)
– Asociación de Comunicadores y Educadores Viator, Perù (Lima)
Download here the project brochure
For more information contact:
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsi¬ble for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.