Programme: Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund
Types of action: AMIF Action Grant
Start date: 01/12/2018
End date: 30/11/2021
What is the project about?
The objective of the project is to promote the implementation of interactive activities to enhance the integration of Third Country Nationals’ through their participation in the social and cultural life of the host community, and to foster capacity-building of local communities on successful integration via volunteering and cultural actions.
Promote the development and implementation of innovative actions to increase third country nationals’ engagement in the volunteering sector, as active members of the local community.
Foster knowledge and experience sharing, as well as implementing a capacity building programme focusing on third country nationals’ integration, stakeholders and local citizens from the targeted communities.
Support the empowerment of refugees and increase their participation in local community life.
Develop partnerships and cooperation among stakeholders and all actors involved in promoting integration at a community and transnational level.
Main target groups
Third Country Nationals, local citizens, LRAs, volunteers, trainers and social workers engaged in the field of asylum, migration and integration.
– Deployment of Indigo application and NGO platform in participating countries.
– Co-development of a cross-cultural activities programme in all participating communities aimed to promote social cohesion and cultural awareness including:
* Cookery courses and production of a booklet with multicultural recipes.
* Intercultural festivals promoting cultural diversity and co-existence.
* Intercultural futsal/football matches.
* Organization of cultural tours ‘’Explore your city”.
* Creation of “documentaries” including experiences from cross-cultural activities in each territory involved.
– Implementation of Capacity Building Workshops aimed at developing host communities’ intercultural competences.
Integration through volunteering activities via community building at a local level.
Athens (Greece), Nicosia (Cyprus), Warsaw (Poland), Helsinki (Finland), Agrigento & Palermo (Italy), Paris (France).
Municipality of Piraeus, www.pireasnet.gr
Organization Earth, www.organizationearth.org
Enoros Consulting Ltd, www.enoros.com.cy
Indigo Cooperative, www.indigo-coop.com
PRISM – Promozione Internazionale Sicilia – Mondo, www.associazioneprism.eu
Foundation for Somalia, www.fds.org.pl
Aar Social Development Association (ASDA) Ry, www.asdary.com
Facebook: MIVA project
Project Call ID AMIF-2017-AG-INTE/ 821644
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."