Venue: Caltanissetta, Italy
Programme Youth in Action – Action 3.1 – Cooperation with the Neighbouring Partner Countries of the European Union.
This action supports projects with neighbouring Partner Countries, particularly projects such as youth exchanges and training courses and online support in the youth sector.
Description of the project
“Euromed Citizenship and New Youth Cultural Identities” is a youth exchange financed by the programme Youth in Action – Action 3.1, that will be held in Caltanissetta (Italy) from August 27th to September 2nd 2013, involving 30 young people between 18 and 25 years of age, coming from Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Occupied Palestinian Territories, Tunisia and Turkey. The project encourages the reflection and the discussion among young people about their own way of living and practising their active citizenship in everyday life, utilising art as a tool for intercultural dialogue, contact and discussion. Educating youth to active citizenship through creativity and artistic expression, can facilitate mutual understanding of present and future challenges that young people are facing in Europe and in the Mediterranean Countries after the revolution of Arab Spring. With that aim, the project offers participants a creative space where it is possible to:
- share ideas and experiences on the meaning of active citizenship in everyday life and in an ever changing world.
- Enhance the ability of young people to face the challenges in euro-mediterranean societies through artistic education.
- Experiment the freedom of expression and encourage active participation of young people in building the present and the future of a Euro-Mediterranean society.
- Project Coordinator: PRISM-Promozione Internazionale Sicilia-Mondo, Italy
- Visuomeninė jaunimo ir moksleivių organizacija Dailės galerija “Vieversys”, Lithuania
- Asociatia B-Right Media, Romania
- Save Youth Future Society, Palestine
- Utopia Education and Art Organizatio, Turkey
- Association des jeunes mediterannees pour les echanges culturels, Tunisia
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."