Start Date: 1 Nov 2018
End Date: 31 Oct 2020
The project proposes an international capacity building program that seeks to expose participants to various aspects of “community-based tourism” (CBT) & youth work from different countries & organizations from Italy, Spain, Nepal, Vietnam, Turkey, India & Kenya. Through a transnational approach, the project will examine concepts & practices underpinning CBT and its potential in the youth field in all targeted local communities and regions. Perspectives on CBT will be explored through a holistic concept of protection and valorisation of biodiversity, cultural diversity, local development, promotion of human rights. Through an intercultural approach, the project will engage youth organizations & stakeholders to work together to develop & promote CBT as a catalyst for inclusive & sustainable economic growth, youth employment, social inclusion, well-being & poverty reduction, while at the same time protecting cultural values and the natural heritage.
To engage youth organisations & stakeholders to work together to develop & promote CBT as a catalyst for inclusive & sustainable economic growth, youth employment, social inclusion, well-being & poverty reduction, while at the same time protecting cultural values and the natural heritage.
• To strengthen the capacity of youth organizations & local communities to promote community-based tourism in rural & remote areas
• Increased socio-professional development of youth workers and young leaders that are equipped with knowledge, key competences and employable tools related to CBT and sustainable development through different cultural perspectives, educational approaches and community experiences from different regions of the World.
• Increased transnational cooperation, exchange of good practices and capacity building between youth workers, organizations and NGOs active in the sustainable development field from different World context.
• Developed CBT volunteering packages based on holistic discovery of cultural diversity, natural products & gastronomy, while being engaged in social & environmental projects where young people can volunteer in local community project.
• Developed E-learning platform to promote the CBT volunteer packages and reach a wider audience of young people and responsible travellers interested in CBT.
Outputs (and Activities):
• 7 Country analysis on CBT
• 1 Training course in Italy on “Community-Based Tourism & Sustainable Development”
• 6 Study visits in Turkey, Spain, Nepal, Kenya, India, Vietnam
• Open educational resources in diverse European languages (EN, ES, IT), including the e-learning modules and the community-tourism packages developed within the project
• 1 Final seminar in Italy
– Youth workers who work in community-based projects with & for young people & that are interested in community-based tourism and sustainable development.
– A wider audience of youth workers and young people that will be reached through the E-learning platform.
• PRISM Promozione Internazionale Sicilia-Mondo, Italy
• Resource Hub for Development (RHD), Kenya
• Association for Community Development & Solidarity (ACDS), India
• Youth Employment and Society Development joint stock company (YESD), Vietnam
• Campaign for Change Nepal (CCN), Nepal
• Asociacion Cultural Y Deportiva La HOYA, Spain
• Katilimci Genclik Derneg, Turkey
Link the project website:
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."