Start date: 01/09/2019
End date: 31/08/2021
The project idea derives from the perception (acquired through the direct observation and assessment of the impacts of training courses in Europe) that the motivation of adult learners in adult education, due to the particular target group, is one of the key aspects of the success of this particular sector of education. In order to be motivated, the adult trainee has to be trained within a learning environment that will enable him/her to implement the training paths in a state of well-being (in many occasions the formal and non formal evaluation of the training courses for adults, have reported that adult trainees often feel extremely stressed and overwhelmed by the challenges of their professional and personal lives) . On the other hand, the well-being of the adult trainee passes through the right teaching approach, the well-being of the trainers themselves and their skills to create a “well-being learning environment”. An important role, within this framework , is also played by the adult education institutions, that have the responsibility to provide the proper organisational aspects (in terms of physical structures for the implementation of the courses, and the provision of training material and administrative/bureaucratic organization).
This project is proposed in order to facilitate development and validation of “well-being learning environment” in adult staff and learners as we perceive well-being to be the foundation for effective teaching and learning and utilizing one’s potential.
1. Use, among adult educators and adult education institutions, of new tools and methodologies based on the well-being of adult education principles (24 educators will be trained).
2. Greater awareness among adult trainers about their role in order to stimulate well-being in adult education;
3. Adoption of intervention protocols and certification in selected adult education institutions (2 institutions per partner organization);
4. Improving the participation and strategies of adult students in developing talent;
5. Certification of competences for 24 teachers on the basis of the EQF.
• Map of Wellbeing in adult education
• Training tools, addressed to adult education trainers.
• PROTOCOL: a procedural document containing all the key aspects of a learning environment, able to validate it as “wellbeing learning environment”.
– Trainers for adults who have an interest in well-being in adult education, providing services and opportunities to support adults people in developing competences.
– Trainers that can ensure a strong multiplier effect. Priority will be given to trainers that can clearly identify (in the application form we will provide them in order to apply) the way and the channels for the use of the competences acquired.
Final beneficiaries/ second target group:
– A wider audience of adult learners and adult educators will be reached through the dissemination and exploitation of the project results and outcomes by optimizing and strengthening their impact and integration in different communities and contexts.
– Adults people and potential target users.
EESTI VABAHARIDUSLIIT MTU – Estonia
ENOROS CONSULTING LIMITED – Cyprus
PROMIMPRESA SRL -Italy
FUNDACJA ROZWOJU AKTYWNOSCI MIEDZYNARODOWEJ I EDUKACYJNEJ – Poland
EUROPEAN CENTER FOR QUALITY OOD – Bulgaria
PRISM – INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION SICILY – WORLD – Italy
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."