Building advanced media literacy competences and digital skills of low-skilled adults 45+ through social media
MedLit#45+ is a strategic partnership project in the field of adult education that is funded with the support of the Erasmus+ of the European Union, aiming to promote the skills development, employability and inclusion in the labour market of low-skilled and low-qualified adults.
MedLit#45+ intends to develop the digital competences of low-skilled/low-qualified unemployed adults 45+ through innovative tools so that they are motivated and able to build a robust online professional identity to strengthen their access to employment.
Furthermore, the project intends to enhance the knowledge of employment and career counselors and/or relevant authorities, organisations & companies working with low-skilled/low-qualified unemployed, by equipping them with a new approach & tools for supporting and interacting with middle-aged unemployed persons through social media.
- Development of digital skills building framework through social media for low-skilled/low-qualified unemployed persons over 45
- Development and implementation of online resource platform for building the digital competences of low-skilled/low-qualified unemployed persons over 45
- Development and dissemination of manual for professionals supporting unemployed persons
The expected results upon project completion are:
- Enhanced media & digital literacy skills and competences of at least 100 (in total) low-skilled/low-qualified unemployed persons over 45 in Greece, Italy, Portugal, Romania & Spain.
- Increased use of social media for professional purposes by the trained low-skilled/low-qualified unemployed persons over 45 in Greece, Italy, Portugal, Romania & Spain.
- Employment/career counsellors, PES, VET providers, recruiters and/or other professionals working with/providing support to low-skilled/low-qualified unemployed persons equipped with new tools and methodologies that can facilitate the (re)integration of unemployed persons over 45 in the labour market.
- Enhanced awareness and knowledge (through workshops and other dissemination means) of at least 100 (in total) employment/career counsellors and relevant professionals in Greece, Italy, Portugal, Romania & Spain, on using the new tool and methodologies to provide tailor-made services to their target group.
The project is carried through a partnership between 6 Countries:
Romania, ANDCTR – Asociatia Nationala de Dezvoltare Continua a Tineretului din Romania
Greece, Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias Kai Paidiou – KMOP
Greece, EEO Group S.A.
United Kingdom Canary Wharf Consulting Ltd
Spain Magenta Consultoría Projects S.L.U
Italy, PRISM – Promozione Internazionale Sicilia Mondo
Portugal, Sociedade Promotora de Estabelecimentos de Ensino Lda – SPEL
The project leaflet
National language Link download