20/12/2016 - 28/12/2016
The training course "Child Rights Programming & Community Development" was implemented in Caltanissetta, Italy from 20/10/2016 to 28/10/2016. The event was organized by Prism – Promozione Internazionale Siclia Mondo in the frame of the project “Child protection and development: youth work experiences across the world” funded with the support of the Erasmus+ programme - Key Action 2 Capacity building in the field of youth, involving youth workers from Senegal, Italy, India, Kenya, Greece, Perù and Spain.
The training course provided a non-formal & creative training on Child Rights Programming, equipping participants with knowledge & practical tools to undertake a child rights situation analysis & design community-based projects through child rights-based approach, analytical steps & logical framework planning. In a final part, participants were engaged to co-plan and design projects that responds to children community’s needs.
The training activities included:
- Child Right Programming: review of literature
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- A child rights situation analysis: context and stakeholder analysis
- Image theatre: analysing internal oppression
- The objective tree & selection of strategies
- Forum theatre: turning problems into solutions
- Project Design: the logical framework approach (the intervention logic, indicators, source of verification and external conditions)
- Relevance, feasibility, sustainability
Check out the event photo gallery:
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there.