20/12/2016 - 28/12/2016
The training course "A child rights based approach: turning principles into proctice" was implemented in Ziguinchor, Senegal from 20/12/2016 to 28/12/2016. The event was organized by the hosting organization in Senegal "Federation Dimbaya Kagnalen" in the frame of the project “Child protection and development: youth work experiences across the world” funded with support of the Erasmus+ programme - Key Action 2 Capacity building in the field of youth, involving youth workers from Senegal, Italy, India, Kenya, Greece and Spain.
The training course provided an overview on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UN CRC) & its practical application by the Federation Dimbaya Kagnalen as a child-centered organization for community development operating in the Casamance region, Senegal.
The training activities included:
- A plunge in childhood: understanding children
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Evolution of the child protection sector: a child rights based analysis in Casamance
- Community immersion with children: using child inquiry & analysis tools
- Focus group with youth and parents on “migration” in Boutoute village
- Workshop: Building your Theory of Change
- Site visits: Play group of mums and children, Bureau of UNICEF in Ziguinchor, Municipality and Prefecture of Ziguinchor, Orphanage, Early Childhood Care and Development Center.
Keep updated and join the project online:
Check out the event photo gallery:
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there.