I-NETWORK: Islanders Network
Funding programme: Erasmus+ Key Action 2 – Strategic Partnerships in the field of youth
Start Date: 01/09/2017
End Date: 31/08/2019
The main idea of the project is to develop new and dynamic tools for young people who live in EU islands, where tourism sector competitiveness is of imminent importance. It focuses on the development of core employability skills and competences, focusing among others on entrepreneurship skills, of young people aged 16 – 30 years old. In parallel, the project proposes a job shadowing programme which will allow them to gain insight and experience via their interaction with key tourism stakeholders.
To increase the Sense of Initiative and Entrepreneurship in the tourism sector among young people.
To increase of knowledge and new competences of young people in the field of tourism to be integrated in the labor market.
– Developed a new and dynamic tool for young people who live in EU islands to gain key competences in the field of tourism.
– Developed a core of employability skills and competences, focusing among others on entrepreneurship skills of young people aged 16 – 30 years old in the field of tourism.
– Developed a job shadowing program which will allow young people to gain insight and experience via their interaction with key tourism stake-holders.
– O1 – Comparative report on skills and competences for new trends (in tourism) in islands
– O2 – The I-network Help Desk
– O3 – Development of training curriculum for new trend skills and shadowing programme in the field of tourism.
Young people and young entrepreneurs that are interested and/or engaged in the field of tourism.
– Associacao Juvenil da Ilha Terceira
– Enoros Consulting Limited
– Mittetulundusühing Osilia
– PRISM – Promozione Internazionale Sicilia – Mondo
– Asociación Mojo de Caña
Link the project website: http://inetworkproject.eu/
I-Network_Newsletter 1st edition
I-Network_Newsletter 2nd edition
"The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein."