20/12/2016 – 28/12/2016
The training course “Child Rights Programming & Community Development” was implemented in Caltanissetta, Italy from 20/10/2016 to 28/10/2016. The event was organized by Prism – Promozione Internazionale Siclia Mondo in the frame of the project “Child protection and development: youth work experiences across the world” funded with the support of the Erasmus+ programme – Key Action 2 Capacity building in the field of youth, involving youth workers from Senegal, Italy, India, Kenya, Greece, Perù and Spain.
The training course provided a non-formal & creative training on Child Rights Programming, equipping participants with knowledge & practical tools to undertake a child rights situation analysis & design community-based projects through child rights-based approach, analytical steps & logical framework planning. In a final part, participants were engaged to co-plan and design projects that responds to children community’s needs.
The training activities included:
– Child Right Programming: review of literature
– The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
– A child rights situation analysis: context and stakeholder analysis
– Image theatre: analysing internal oppression
– The objective tree & selection of strategies
– Forum theatre: turning problems into solutions
– Project Design: the logical framework approach (the intervention logic, indicators, source of verification and external conditions)
– Relevance, feasibility, sustainability
Check out the event photo gallery: